Friday, October 19, 2012

The Forgotten


Today's comic highlights two of my biggest challenges in life: Chronic Tardiness and Forgetfulness. I am late for approximately 95% of activities in my life. I do not like being late and I do not try to be late. Running behind causes my stress levels and anxiety to elevate and makes me feel like an idiot for not being able to manage my time or myself well enough to do something so simple as get somewhere on time. I have read many books, blogs and articles on time management and organization and I intellectually understand the concept of promptness, but executing the feat still eludes me. I'm working on it. In the meantime, I have to deal with being an object of disdain and derision to my punctiliously punctual friends and colleagues. I am infinitely grateful to my friends who know of my interminable tardiness and love me anyway.

Ah yes. Forgetfulness. *Pause to heave a great sigh.* I, like many people with ADHD brains, can take forgetfulness to great heights. Sadly, the above cartoon has happened more than once. Fortunately people just think I have a quirky fashion sense.

2 comments:

  1. HA! I've shaved my head for years so I never have this problem. Or bedhead. But my head gets really cold in the winter. :D Also, the colors in this one are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one, and yes the colors are great! -RC

    ReplyDelete