I have too many kids and too small of a house to have my own drawing studio. That will come someday, I hope! In the meantime, I am on the run constantly so my "drawing studio" has to be portable. I carry my most important items in this bag:
This bag accompanies me everywhere I go and I try to draw while I'm waiting to pick up kids at school, waiting for appointments, anywhere really. But when I'm home, my drawing space is my kitchen table:
click on the pic to enlarge and see the whole thing...
1. Set of gray Copic Markers in a home made case that I made. Yes, I can sew.
2. Set of 24 Color Copic Markers (the Manga set) that I bought with the money I made singing the National Anthem at a graduation ceremony. Yes, I can sing too.
3. A couple of other Copic Markers in a plastic bag.
4. Rapidograph pens .3, .5, .7
5. Pencil case
6. Bag with ink for Rapidograph pens
7. Lost Season 1 DVD's for inspiration
8. Today's paper
9. Sobe Life Wter, fuji apple pear.... mmm, mmm, delish!!!
11. Rapidograph ultra draw ink refill
12. Paper towel to clean up the ink mess I made refilling my pens.
Not numbered: MacBook Pro which I bought used from some guy on Craig's List complete with 2 years of Applecare!!!!
I draw on this:
A watercolor pad with 140 lb. coldpress.
So, that's it... not very glamorous, but definitely functional.