Friday, October 29, 2010

Sketches and Notes

For today, I decided to post a few sketches of some comics that I've posted here. If you are interested in the process of creating comics, maybe you'll enjoy seeing these. I always carry either a sketch book or a small clip board with drawing paper in the bag that I take with me everywhere. I always have a pencil, eraser, small ruler, and a couple of my rapidograph pens in a little zipper pocket so I'm ready to go wherever I am. I try to draw whenever I have a couple of minutes... waiting at the doctors office, picking up kids at school, at church... whatever. That way I can keep track of any ideas I might have and practice drawing every day. I just really love to draw. I love the way the pencil feels against the paper. Maybe I'm weird, but that's how it is.

Anyway, here's a few sketches from my little clipboard.


This is a sketch of Phil at a gig.

 And here's the sketch I did of a comic I posted a couple of days ago. When I think of an idea, it usually appears to me pretty complete. I think in metaphors a lot...  because I'm a visual person. I could tell you that I think like I'm in a fog, but you get a better idea when I draw the fog and then the thoughts are little rockets that I can't catch.
That's it for this lovely Friday... see you soon with some new comics!

2 comments:

  1. It's awesome to see your sketches. I never scan any of mine because I just want to get the work done. I love that drawing of phil playing his key board . . . so good! Ur such a pro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these - thanks for sharing! And there is a boob in the top picture. *hee hee hee, i saw a booby*

    ReplyDelete